The LARFPA Board of Directors is committed to supporting the dependents of LARFPA members who are pursuing post-secondary education.
The 2024 LARFPBA Scholarship Program will award four $5,000 scholarships to deserving students. These scholarships will recognize students who have distinguished themselves by demonstrating outstanding leadership, citizenship, and service to their communities. To be eligible to receive a LARFPBA scholarship, you must:
- Be a high school senior or college freshman at the time of application.
- Achieve at least a 2.5 GPA.
- Have a parent or legal guardian who is a dues-paying member of the Los Angeles Retired Fire & Police Association (LARFPA).
You will be asked to submit the following during the application process:
- A copy of the front page of your legal guardian’s Tax Form as proof of financial dependence (Your legal guardian’s full name, address, and the last four digits of their Social Security Number must be visible, but you may omit any other information).
- Identifying information to facilitate application review and processing.
- Complete answers to the essay questions. Answers must be between 300-500 words.
- High school seniors may submit their ACT and SAT scores during the application process but will not be required to do so.
This is a competitive application process. Candidates must review their submissions to ensure all questions are answered thoroughly, and answers are free of spelling errors, grammatically correct, and have proper punctuation. All submissions are final, and changes cannot be made once clicking the “Submit” button on the digital form.
Please note that incomplete or late submissions will not be reviewed. All application submissions will be due by the end of business on April 8, 2024.